At PRO Sitemaps we guarantee our commitment to respecting and protecting your online privacy. This includes your need and your right to know what we do with the personal information you share with us. It also guides our company's policies regarding the management of this data, including how the information is collected, processed, and for what purposes.
What we collect and what we do with this informationWe may collect the following information:
- When a new account is created at PRO Sitemaps, we store the email address and the encrypted password in our database.
We use this email address to send important information related to your account (account activation, password reset, subscription status, notifications when sitemap is updated or expires). Every message has a link to unsubscribe from emails.
- When a new website entry is added in your account, we store it's URL and PRO Sitemaps crawler bot starts sending requests to that website, finding all pages in order to create a sitemap.
When this process is completed we store the date and time of the session, the list of URLs and titles of all pages found on the website, the list of possible issues detected (such as broken links, pages skipped due to redirects), the list of links to external websites, the time it took to create the sitemap.
This information is used to provide sitemap files that can be submitted to search engines, and to provide you with detailed information about your website structure. We may use this information to improve our products and services.
- When the "Auto Submit" feature is used we store the "token" provided by Google Sitemaps API to be able to submit sitemaps in Google Search Console under your Google account.
- When an account is upgraded to a paid PRO subscription, we store the information provided by the payment processor (Paypal or Stripe), including transaction ID, date and time, amount of transaction. The name and address is stored in case it's included with payment information.
We use this information to correspondingly change the status of the customer account, to provide an invoice for the order and to allow further changes of the subscription status.
- When PRO Sitemaps API is used we store the API key, the date and time, request and response content for internal record keeping.
- Every time you log on to our website, your IP (Internet Protocol) address registers on our servers. Your IP address reveals no information other than the number assigned to you. We do not use this technology to get any personal data against your knowledge or free will (i.e., automatically recording e-mail addresses of visitors). Nor do we use it for any purpose other than to help us monitor traffic on our website, or (in case of criminal activity or misuse of our information) to cooperate with law enforcement.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
PRO Sitemaps may send "cookies" to your computer. Cookies are fragments of data sent through the web server and stored on your hard drive. Cookies cannot read the files stored on your computer, nor can they gather information. The purpose of cookies is just to monitor the traffic on the site, so we know which pages you have visited or customized, making it easier for you to download the information the next time you look at our pages.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may request to have your personal data to be removed from our servers.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you or to correct or erase this information please write to [email protected].
Updated: May 8th, 2018